Today's smart security options have become increasingly more intelligent. Even so, you may still fail to perform basic security duties like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to worry about these chores ever again? With geofencing in Binghamton, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Binghamton For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter around your residence, which you can arrange in your smartphone app. The technology then tracks your cell phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components take advantage of to share information with other connected equipment. This technological advancement aids your security system by putting all devices onto one, unified network. You can then draw a unique boundary along the perimeter of your property and program what actions you want to take place when you go past the specified border.
For instance, as soon as you exit your premises, you may instruct your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will alert your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Below are several of the technologies you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can use your home security system in Binghamton. When accessing the ADT Control app, you can do a lot with automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to operate at a specific time. Have your lights start to dim to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make particular components come alive when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat switch on the fan when the fire alarm goes off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light when your security camera senses unusual motion outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that function in harmony together. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks activate at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for movie night with specific lighting and thermostat settings.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to enable your alarm as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Binghamton
Whether you seek extra peace-of-mind of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (607) 204-9052 or complete the following form to get started on your perfect security system.