Here's what our team is doing to keep our customers and employees safe amid concerns of COVID-19. Learn More.
Vivint Security Monitor in Binghamton
September 23, 2021

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Binghamton?

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Binghamton?

In the process of assembling the nursery, you built the crib, painted the walls a soothing pastel, and installed a fully-stocked diaper-changing area. You’re now ready to decide how you intend to watch over your precious one. You could go with the conventional monitor that allows you to listen in on a separate listening device, or you could improve your technology and get high-definition video, two-way talk, and instant activation through motion detection.

This advanced option kind of sounds like video surveillance found in a comprehensive home security system, but should you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Binghamton? 

What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Binghamton?

In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You place a microphone-type device in close proximity to your child’s bed, transmitting sound to a connected gadget that resembles a walkie talkie. However, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. For example, today’s monitors now have HD video and two-direction communications. You may even link many monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you may roam throughout your home. The top baby monitors in Binghamton are so advanced that they are similar to inside surveillance in both functionality and price.

Should you switch baby monitor with an indoor security camera?

Since baby monitors and indoor security cameras have comparable functionality, there are numerous residents in Binghamton connecting their baby's room to their overall home defense. So it makes sense -- particularly if you have to innovative Vivint systems -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:

Clear video with night vision: Your monitoring device should include 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared LED technology for reliable low-light performance.

Two-direction audio: Sometimes, you don't need to go into the room to get your child back to sleep. A comforting word could be the only requirement to keep bundle of joy asleep.

Motion activation: While it’s possible to have your monitoring device continuously keep a close eye on your child, your attentiveness may begin to waver. But if your video surveillance notices anything unusual, it can be programmed to send a text alert to your smartphone. You will appreciate this when the baby silently tries to climb out of the crib or when your family dog noses into the space.

Video recordings: Many baby monitors aren’t able to save portions of video. Today’s modern devices allow you to send a 20-second clip to a relative or family friend to allow them a glimpse of what a peaceful, precious baby you have.

Watch on your mobile device: As an alternative to lugging a separate device wherever you go, you may now view your child from your home security app. You could even say hello to your tot and babysitter when you go for a night out.

A security camera baby monitor may be part of your smart home installation

The nice thing about using a security camera as a baby monitor in Binghamton is that it can link to your corresponding home automation and security components. As an illustration, if you observe that your newborn is particularly restless, you are able to make adjustments to your integrated thermostat from mobile security application to get a more pleasant temperature. Additionally, when they rouse for a late-night snack, you might increase the brightness of the nursery’s smart lighting to show you’re coming. If you by chance have multiple kids in unconnected areas, you can furnish each one a security camera and monitor the images in the same smartphone app.

An indoor security camera in Binghamton is an important aspect of your home’s complete security and automation package

Regardless of whether you are looking for a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or you simply want to enhance your home defense, start by calling Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint expert will guide you through all the possibilities and assist in getting the ideal security plan for you. Place a call to (607) 204-9052 or submit the form on this page.